Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New X-Play hands-on, shows off new level, confirms Heaven/Hell!

Oops, if you saw a blank post here then congrats! You're quick. I hit enter too quickly ;)

Anyways, got a new video for you guys. Basically it shows a demo of the game while Jeremiah himself is being interviewed. Poor Jeremiah, though, was mostly ignored by me as I tried to glean new info from the video.

First, here's the video itself.



And here's some cool stuff going on:

-Heaven and Hell confirmed as places represented by buildings. Neat
-9-1 Puzzle has you transferring bad guys from hell to heaven. Doesn't seem very difficult at all, and I wonder how we can get creative here. Hmm...
-Halos make people fly, as does ambrosia. Once given flight they know enough to fly to heaven on their own
-Stairs are so tiny!


Round 2! This time we see another new level. In it, Maxwell must revive a corpse and put it back into its cage. Neat. Of course, as the story goes, though the level BEGAN with that in mind, the previewers took it in a much weirder direction...



The tidbits!

-Defibrillator works on the corpse, turning it into a zombie. Of course!
-Zombie was not attracted to the melon, but did like the meat, which he gobbled right up
-Dingo? Yeah, it'll eat a baby. Holy fuck.

They also promise that later in the show they plan on trying to stump the game, presumably with the items suggested via Twitter. I'm not so sure when that video will be put up. If it's soon I'll toss it into this post. If it's later I'll just make a new one!

7 comments:

  1. I love how exited everybody got when the dingo ate the baby lol
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess Hulu wasn't necisary after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DINGOS EATING BABIES HAS RAISED THE BAR OVER BORING OL' STEAKBABIES.
    As much as I don't want to get over-hyped for the game, that's so groovy. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how everyone cheered. I would have as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i played Scribblenauts, I'm sure i would cheer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody was so excited. :)
    I would be too, though. These guys are very lucky to have experienced the game already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think they are actually flying when they get a halo or ambrosia, but instead being lifted up to Heaven by the holiness of the item.

    ReplyDelete