Today is August 1st. There 44 days left before the release of Scribblenauts in North America.
Here's what you may have missed
- *EBGames revealed an AMAZING Rooster Helmet preorder bonus for Australia. Later in the week they announced Gamestop would be offering the same deal in America. Creative Director Jeremiah then takes a picture of himself wearing it, letting everyone know it CAN fit on an adult's head. Fans rejoiced and began planning Maxwell cosplay. Probably.
- *5TH Cell's Matt Cox, Lead Designer on Scribblenauts, leaves the company on good terms to follow his dream to start a church.
- *You can get a preview of the Scribblenauts Prima strategy guide and even preorder it, though we're not sure why anyone would want a guide for this game.
- *Showing that they have great taste, ONM gives Scribblenauts the cover story of their September issue.
- *Could there be a Scribblenauts commercial in production. Probably. But does it look like this?
Previews, Interviews, and Impressions
- *IGN mentioned Scribblenauts briefly in their podcast, and they weren't really impressed with the controls.
- *Feep (of Post 217 fame) does a write up of his Comic-Con impressions including some pretty hilarious reactions. We also hear rumor of a "hyper-advanced" mode
- *Kotaku of Australia put up two articles about Scribblenauts this week. First up they detailed their experiences with the sandbox mode and basically screwed around with various objects. They then posted a second piece talking about their time with the actual puzzles and levels of the game.
- *A new interview was posted mid-week that seems to confirm Scribblenauts is done its development cycle. He also talks quite a bit more about the game, and it's definitely worth reading.
- *Joystiq has a Scribblenauts challenge for you. Tell them your most creative solution to the level they posted.
- *Gamespot posted their updated preview, and though it was overall positive, they were not as impressed as before.
- *IGN seemed to disagree, as they started a feature that will air every Friday showcasing multiple (and very unique) solutions to levels in the game.
- *Kotaku did a "live" event to test items people suggest in the game. The final list of what worked and what didn't (that they tested) can be found here.
- *1Up also wants your suggestions of what to try in the game. They'll be putting up videos of the most interesting suggestions next week.
- *The Tale of Two Podcasts: Both Joystiq and Listen Up spoke at length about the game. While Joystiq offered largely negative or "scaled back" opinions, Listen Up gushed about it. Both are definitely good listens.
- *Check out my two part posts detailing all the new videos we got last week. Part 1, Part 2
- *The death of God is avenged by an angel wielding a bow.
- *GamersGuide shows us even more internet memes. Are you of tired of that as I am?
- *G4 posted their Comic-Con impressions video. Shows off some items (like an ark), internet memes, and various screwing around.
- *IGN included two very cool videos with this Friday Feature, so make sure to check them out as well. They solve two levels in a variety of really creative ways.